Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Update

I decided to start this blog so the family can keep tabs on Larry and I.
We have spent the last week traveling through Kansas and Nebraska for the Fourth of July Holiday.

Here is the update for the last month or so...
I currently changed jobs from the Pediatric floor to the Pediatric Intesive Care (PICU). My boss offered me the opportunity. I was actually shocked because I had worked on the Peds Floor less than four months.

I am going to answer the most common questions I still get from everybody:

Yes I am still working nights.

No I don't work with the children in the newborn nursery. But, if a baby goes home and comes back to the hospital I will take care of the baby in the PICU. I will occasionally float to the NICU.

Why the move? More opportunity, better training. Working in the PICU gives me the opportunity to cross train the the Neonatal intensive care (NICU) and the Pediatric ER.

Ok Enough with the my Job.

Larry is still working for the county and enjoying his 4 10 hour days. This leaves him 3 day weekends to ride the four wheelers. Though the summer has been so busy we haven't even taken the camper out.

We went to Omaha the first weekend in June for a Baby Shower for our Niece Nichole. It was adventure. We received a phone call at 2:00 am warning us that there was a tornado near us. The sirens were going off and like a true Texan. I told Larry we could lay in bed unless we heard a train coming and then we would run to the bath tub. LOL

The next weekend, We celebrated our first anniversary. We spent the night up in Cripple Creek. He won I didn't but it was fun.

More to come when we get home from Nebraska.

No comments: